19 Apr Licensed Therapist or Post-Doctoral Fellow – Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Southern California – Glendale and Torrance
Job Posting for Licensed Therapist or Post-Doctoral Fellow in Group Private Practice
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Southern California (www.CBTSoCal.com) invites you to consider joining our team of clinicians as a Psychologist, Post-Doctoral Fellow, LCSW, or LMFT at our offices in Glendale and Torrance. There is room at both offices for therapists who have had training and experience in working with adults and/or with children and adolescents.
CBT SoCal is a group private practice specializing in the effective and artful application of Cognitive Behavior Therapy to the full range of Anxiety and Mood Disorders, as well as other presenting problems. While we specialize in CBT conceptualization and application, the effectiveness of our services rests on a person-centered philosophy rather than a one-size-fits-all adherence to manualized treatments. About 60% of the individuals we help are dealing with some form of Anxiety – most often Social Anxiety, Panic, OCD, Phobias, GAD, and Illness/Health related concerns. Among the more specialized approaches that the clinician would have the opportunity to learn about and receive training for are:
– Exposure and Response Prevention for OCD and other Anxiety presentations
– Mindfulness-based approaches such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
– Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
– Interoceptive Exposure for Panic symptoms
– Habit Reversal Training for Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRBs), such as compulsive
Hair-Pulling and Skin-Picking
This will start as a part-time position, with potential to grow into full time practice, and can be scheduled flexibly around other professional commitments. If supervision toward licensure is required, it will be provided by Dr. Rodney Boone, former Associate Professor of Psychiatry at UCLA, and the Founder and Director of CBT SoCal.
· Licensed Therapist: Psychologist, or Post-Doctoral Fellow. Would consider LMFT or LCSW if the individual has the right skills and experience.
· Training and experience using Cognitive Behavior Therapy to treat Anxiety, Depression, and related disorders.
· Responsible, ethical, open-minded, and interested in working as part of a team.
· Experience with, and interest in, working with children, teens, and families is desirable, but not required.
Ideal candidates will balance a strong appreciation for interpersonal factors in psychotherapy with an understanding of evidence-based interventions. If you are interested in joining our team, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience to RPBoone@CBTSoCal.com.