13 Apr Supervising Psychologist – The Help Group – Sherman Oaks
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
We are currently seeking a Licensed Psychologist (Part Time or Full Time opportunities available) to join us in our Training Department which provides formal training opportunities for master-level, doctoral-level, and post doctoral-level graduate students in Psychology, Social Work, and Marriage and Family Therapy programs. Our year-long psychology internship is accredited by the American Psychological Association.
The Licensed Psychologist will serve as a primary Supervisor for post-docs, interns, and trainees.
THE ROLE OF A SUPERVISOR INCLUDES:
- Provides individual and group supervision to post-doctoral, doctoral psychology and/or masters-level interns/trainees.
- Supervises any of the following direct service experiences: assessment, individual therapy, family therapy, and group treatment.
- Provides 24-hour availability and crisis intervention to supervisees on an as-needed basis.
- Reviews and approves clinical documentation and contributes to formal written evaluations.
- Participates in monthly seminars and training department meetings in the APA-accredited doctoral internship.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUPERVISOR AT THE HELP GROUP:
- A doctoral degree (either Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical, counseling or school psychology from an APA-accredited graduate program and an APA-accredited internship.
- California licensure eligible with the ability to supervise post docs, interns, and unlicensed professionals in the state of California.
- At least two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Expertise in the area of child/adolescent psychology.
- Ability to supervise psychological assessment is a MUST (in additional to therapy cases)
- Dedication to Community Mental Health.
- Must be available to work 16 hours per week, at a minimum, and attend seminars/meetings on Wednesdays two times per month.
- Psychologists with bilingual Spanish speaking skills and/or from a diverse background are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- A 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan for full time employees
- Dental & vision insurance for full time employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Professional Trainings/Conferences and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by the American Psychological Association
- Discounts to local gyms, movie theatres, and other events
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to Priscilla Barajas, Ph.D. at email@example.com. To learn more about The Help Group visit www.thehelpgroup.org.